Wednesday, March 28, 2012

IAM error?

I have gotten the following error a few times on just one database that I
have:
Table error: IAM page (1:511426) (object ID 2, index ID 255) is out of the
range of this database.
This error can only be fixed by running dbcc checkdb allow_data_loss. Can
anyone tell me what may be causing this error and what I can change or avoid
so it stops happening?
TIA
jjYou have corruption in the database. Unless you have backups from before
you got the corruption you are probably going to have to loose some data by
running CHECKDB as mentioned. The first choice is always try to restore
from known good backups though.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"jj" <jeff_detoro@.urmc.rochester.edu> wrote in message
news:u%2311wOGwFHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have gotten the following error a few times on just one database that I
>have:
> Table error: IAM page (1:511426) (object ID 2, index ID 255) is out of the
> range of this database.
> This error can only be fixed by running dbcc checkdb allow_data_loss. Can
> anyone tell me what may be causing this error and what I can change or
> avoid so it stops happening?
> TIA
> jj
>|||Actually I fixed the errors with the aforementioned script but since I only
have these errors on this one db every few months I'm wondering what's going
on.
"Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@.shadhawk.com> wrote in message
news:%23nGwJ$HwFHA.3556@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You have corruption in the database. Unless you have backups from before
> you got the corruption you are probably going to have to loose some data
> by running CHECKDB as mentioned. The first choice is always try to
> restore from known good backups though.
> --
> Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
>
> "jj" <jeff_detoro@.urmc.rochester.edu> wrote in message
> news:u%2311wOGwFHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>|||Sounds like you have hardware problems. That is the most common cause of
corruption these days. Fixing the problem with DBCC CHECKDB is not the best
solution. You loose data each time you fix it that way. Do you know what
data you lost? Your database is no longer solid with regards to data
integrity but you haven't a clue as to where. Not a good situation to be
in.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"jj" <jeff_detoro@.urmc.rochester.edu> wrote in message
news:OLEZlDIwFHA.664@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Actually I fixed the errors with the aforementioned script but since I
> only have these errors on this one db every few months I'm wondering
> what's going on.
>
> "Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@.shadhawk.com> wrote in message
> news:%23nGwJ$HwFHA.3556@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment