Friday, March 30, 2012

IBM SDK

When connecting to an INFORMIX database with SQL Servers Linked Server tool, the ifxoledbc.dll (which is part of IBM's SDK) is used. Which version of IBM's SDK and the ifxoledbc.dll work with SQL Server 2005 and Informix Dynamic Server 7.3? I'm getting an the following error (confidential is the artificial name of my linked server):

Msg 7302, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_tables_ex, Line 41

Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "Ifxoledbc" for linked server "CONFIDENTIAL".

I'm using SQL SERVER 2005 and I'm trying to connect to a INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3 through a linked server.

Do I need an update with IBM's SDK or am I not set-up properly?

Thanks,

Matt

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=379008&SiteID=1

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment