Friday, March 30, 2012

Icon in System Tray Flashing Red

MSSQL 7.0
All updates and service packs
NT 4 All updates and Service packs
I noticed something today that I never noticed before. In
the system tray, it shows MSSQL server with the green
arrow which indicates that it is running, but every 7
seconds or so, I get a red flash just below the green
arrow. More like a dot that flashes red at regular
intervals. I have never noticed this before and was
wondering if theis is normal. Everything seems to up and
running well.
Thanks
JohnThe red flashing dot is actually a sign that things are up and running. When
the dot flashes SQL Server Service Manager polls the Server to make sure it
is still up. You can change the polling interval inwhen you right click the
icon and choose Options.
--
Jacco Schalkwijk
SQL Server MVP
"John" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:530501c3e4ea$6a3da190$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> MSSQL 7.0
> All updates and service packs
> NT 4 All updates and Service packs
> I noticed something today that I never noticed before. In
> the system tray, it shows MSSQL server with the green
> arrow which indicates that it is running, but every 7
> seconds or so, I get a red flash just below the green
> arrow. More like a dot that flashes red at regular
> intervals. I have never noticed this before and was
> wondering if theis is normal. Everything seems to up and
> running well.
> Thanks
> John|||Thank you! I new it was something like that, I had just
never noticed it before :-)
>--Original Message--
>The red flashing dot is actually a sign that things are
up and running. When
>the dot flashes SQL Server Service Manager polls the
Server to make sure it
>is still up. You can change the polling interval inwhen
you right click the
>icon and choose Options.
>--
>Jacco Schalkwijk
>SQL Server MVP
>
>"John" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:530501c3e4ea$6a3da190$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
>> MSSQL 7.0
>> All updates and service packs
>> NT 4 All updates and Service packs
>> I noticed something today that I never noticed before.
In
>> the system tray, it shows MSSQL server with the green
>> arrow which indicates that it is running, but every 7
>> seconds or so, I get a red flash just below the green
>> arrow. More like a dot that flashes red at regular
>> intervals. I have never noticed this before and was
>> wondering if theis is normal. Everything seems to up and
>> running well.
>> Thanks
>> John
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment