Friday, March 30, 2012

IBM DB2 as Data Source

Hi,

I need to connect to a IBM DB2 database as a source in the Data Flow Task.

However, I am not able to figure out which is the provider I should be using.

It will be great if you can help me with that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

B@.ns

You want an OLE DB provider for DB2, available from both MS or IBM. The Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 is available with SQL 2005, but is a separate download.

Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - February 2007 - Includes Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50b97994-8453-4998-8226-fa42ec403d17&DisplayLang=en

You may want to review this KB if things are a bit slow -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918362

|||

Thank you so much! I am downloading the provider now.

Hopefully, it will work Smile

Thanks again.

Regards,

B@.ns

|||

Hi,

I installed the OLE DB Provider for DB2 from the link provided.

However, when I am trying to create a new connection using the "Connection Manager", I am getting the following error:

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing the provider. The parameter is not correct."

I have provided the Server IP address in the "Server or filename" field and a specific user name and password.

Interestingly, I am able to connect to the same server in my DTS package using the iSeries Access ODBC driver (by creating a system DSN).

I am using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition - is that the problem?

Regards,

B@.ns

|||apart from downloading and installing the MS DB2 oledb adapter, If you are using IBM DB2 on AS400 iseries, you still need the iseries client software to be installed on your SSIS server system. I have no experience with other than iSeries, but I reckon the IBM client software would still need to be installed.|||

Thank you Jan DHondt,

Could you please give me the URL for this client software?

Thanks again.

Regards,

B@.ns

|||

IBM iSeries client software is a licensed client software and comes together with the AS400 license. You will have to contact your friendly IBM representative for more info.

If have tried once to download and install a more recent version v5r4, but the software did not allow this since the server was version v5r2.

this is the download site http://www.ibm.com/support/us/en/ but you'll still need a license. Except if you use DB2 Express-C which is a free version also for Windows platform (like sql-express): http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/express/download.html

No comments:

Post a Comment