Friday, March 30, 2012

I'd changed the server name, sql server can't start

hi, I have changed the host name of windows 2K server , then sql server 2000
can not start now, how can I restore the config? I don't want to reinstall
the sql server, thanks.Hi Tigershome,
To solve this, register your server again. Enter Enterprise Manager,
right-click on your SQL Server Group, then select New SQL Server
Registration... Follow the wizard and when it asks you for the server, type
the name of your new Windows 2K server. Continue and finish the wizard, and
your SQL Server will be up and running. If not, please post again.
Jerome Smith
"tigershome" <tigershome@.etang.com> wrote in message
news:OlLC7FZqDHA.2488@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> hi, I have changed the host name of windows 2K server , then sql server
2000
> can not start now, how can I restore the config? I don't want to reinstall
> the sql server, thanks.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment