Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I’m getting this error when checking out a report from Visual Source Safe…any clue as to what it

Originally got this error as the reason some of my .rptproj files could not be converted from SRS 2000 to 2005. Now I’m getting this error when checking out a report from Visual Source Safe 6.0…any clue as to what it means?

Project item '4294967294' does not represent a file.

This is for a solution created and stored in VSS using VS2003 and SRS 2000. Now trying to open with VS 2005.


I got the same error message and I was able to fix it by deleting the line which begins with "<State>$base64$" in the .rptproj file.

I cannot expain why this fixed the problem, and I can't find any information about what the state node contains in a Reporting project file.

If someone could shed some light on this it would be great, if you just want a quick fix try deleting that line and reopening the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment