Sunday, February 19, 2012

i need Column names !

Hi, i need a query to have the columns names !!
If you have another solution, let me know !!
superj !!!Originally posted by superj
Hi, i need a query to have the columns names !!
If you have another solution, let me know !!

superj !!! I kind of like Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice myself. What column names do you like?

-PatP|||I like them blue. Databases I like yellow.|||Originally posted by rdjabarov
I like them blue. Databases I like yellow. So, if you put those columns into a database, does the whole thing turn green?

-PatP|||Hey, that would be cool!|||SELECT COLUMN_NAME
> FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
> WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'authors'
> ORDER BY ORDINAL_POSITION|||select colid, name from syscolumns where object_name(id) = 'authors' order by 1|||Originally posted by rdjabarov
I like them blue. Databases I like yellow.

Don't you read Dilbert?

Muave is the fastest db color|||whatever you do, dont get red
cops look for that color.

i myself , am currently configuring a Puce database with various pastel colored tables and some chince doilys.

yes i work for martha stewart living|||Why not :
EXEC sp_columns @.table_name = 'customers'|||okay i'll bite

exec SP_Help tablename

will give you everything about the table including all column names.|||But that gives whole lot of information where Originator requires only column information for a table.

I feel using INFORMATION SCHEMA VIEWS or SP_COLUMNS will suffice.
Originally posted by Ruprect
okay i'll bite

exec SP_Help tablename

will give you everything about the table including all column names.|||i was just jumpin' in
info_schema are just fine

or

how about

sp_columns

Returns column information for the specified tables or views that can be queried in the current environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment