Sunday, February 19, 2012

I need help connecting Access 97 to SQL Server 2000

I have an Access 97 database that I connect to a SQL Server 2000
through ODBC. I have to manually set up the ODBC connection on each
user's machine if I want them to be able to use the application though.

Is there a way to store the connection string within the Access DB so
I don't have to touch the ODBC settings on each user's machine? Or is
there a different solution that I'm missing? There are way too many
for me to
setup. Thanks in advance.aperez@.easternbk.com wrote:
> I have an Access 97 database that I connect to a SQL Server 2000
> through ODBC. I have to manually set up the ODBC connection on each
> user's machine if I want them to be able to use the application though.
> Is there a way to store the connection string within the Access DB so
> I don't have to touch the ODBC settings on each user's machine? Or is
> there a different solution that I'm missing? There are way too many
> for me to
> setup. Thanks in advance.

--BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE--
Hash: SHA1

Use DSN-less connection strings. Like this (all one line):

ODBC;Driver=SQL Server;
Server=ServerName;Database=DBName;Trusted_Connecti on=Yes

Trusted_Connection=Yes means you're using Windows Logon security
(recommended).

If you have attached (linked) ODBC tables, you'll have to change the
tables' Connect property using VBA.
--
MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net
Oakland, CA (USA)

--BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE--
Version: PGP for Personal Privacy 5.0
Charset: noconv

iQA/AwUBQmmm44echKqOuFEgEQL9JACfayfFceXgmVsO6o+pKPKs8n V2D3cAoPJB
a1tvf0whesiFNyTgnQi1uhxN
=mRxB
--END PGP SIGNATURE--

No comments:

Post a Comment