Sunday, February 19, 2012

I need help please

Hello,
I started yesterday working with reporting services to get done some complex reports but I've encountered a lot troubles.
For example, I created one report and set both with and height for the body, then added one rectangle and inside of it, I dragged a Chart. Till then everything looked fine, but when I viewed the preview, my report is four page lenth and the charts appears on page 4 !!!
I've read in the newsgroups something about checking the vale of the Report.PageWith against the Body.Width, but WHERE CAN I FIND THE REPORT.PAGEWITDH ? is it withing the VS IDE '
Also, how can I add a "horizontal total" in a matrix '
I have the following layout for a matrix:
-- State (columns )
Month (rows) ... Units sold
My dataset returns these three fields
and I want something like ...
-- State (columns ) , Total Units
Month (rows) ... Units sold ...... , total units sold by month
My task is to create several reporting and each one will have several charts, lists and matrix.
Thanks
CesarSelect "Report" in the property browser. There would be PageSize property in
Layout category
Quoting from Books Online (
ms-help://MS.RSBOL80.1033/RSCREATE/htm/rcr_creating_structure_objects_v1_7vi
0.htm )
To add a subtotal to a matrix, add a subtotal to an individual group within
the matrix. Groups do not have subtotals by default. To add a subtotal to a
group, right-click the group column or row header and then click Subtotal.
This will open a new header for the subtotal. Reporting Services will
calculate the subtotal based on the aggregate in the data cell for the
group.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Cesar" <Cesar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DFB067AA-2DB6-4CEF-AC54-0C349FDE0E81@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I started yesterday working with reporting services to get done some
complex reports but I've encountered a lot troubles.
> For example, I created one report and set both with and height for the
body, then added one rectangle and inside of it, I dragged a Chart. Till
then everything looked fine, but when I viewed the preview, my report is
four page lenth and the charts appears on page 4 !!!
> I've read in the newsgroups something about checking the vale of the
Report.PageWith against the Body.Width, but WHERE CAN I FIND THE
REPORT.PAGEWITDH ? is it withing the VS IDE '
> Also, how can I add a "horizontal total" in a matrix '
> I have the following layout for a matrix:
> -- State (columns )
> Month (rows) ... Units sold
> My dataset returns these three fields
> and I want something like ...
> -- State (columns ) , Total Units
> Month (rows) ... Units sold ...... , total units sold by month
> My task is to create several reporting and each one will have several
charts, lists and matrix.
> Thanks
> Cesar

No comments:

Post a Comment