Sunday, February 19, 2012

I need Help Urgent

Hi all!

I have an Application thats runs on my network Peoples have to Update their Client Apps to the newst version.

Most of Users are not well aware of computers.

I have a sinario to update the Client Application details bellow:

Provide a link e.g. Http://www.myserver.com/updates.aspx?action=getupdates

I want the client click the Link and my asp.net Page do the following

1- Compare the version of the Application on local machine With App.exe on server

2- Tell User if he / she needs Updates

3- Proceed according to the users Desion

Download without prompting the User

Install Update

Exit the web browser or redirct

Please Help me if any one have some directions or Working Examples.

Happy Coding

//////// Rashed

Look at the ClickOnce technology, it brings all the stuff out-of-the-box.

Jens K. Suessmeyer

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment