Sunday, February 19, 2012

I need help debuging this error message::

Hello everyone,

All weekend long I keep getting this error message when I run my SSIS package:

Error: The variable " system::localeID" is already on the read list. A variable may only be added once to either the read lock list or the write lock list.

I have search everywhere for this message without success. Could someone help to explain this and what to do to to bypass it.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Omon

What are you trying to do with that variable and where are you trying to do it? It is most likely in a Script Task or a Script Component.

If you cannot find where you are referencing it then open your .dtsx package in Notepad and search for System::LocaleID

-Jamie

|||

Thanks Jamie for the response. The issue is that I do not have any variable in my package. It is just a striaght package consisting of control flow and data flow importing data from another SQL Server Db and loading into my server. I only have OLE DB Source and Slow changing dimentions for an insert (new records) and Update for a type 1 type change.

Omon

|||

Again, I opened the .dtsx in notepad and search as you suggested but found no occurence of the System::LocaleID.

Thanks for your help

Omon

|||

That's strange. Does it tell you which task is using the variable?

-Jamie

|||

Yes. I can tell from looking at the execution result.

Error: The variable "System::LocaleID" is already on the read list. A variable may only be added once to either the read lock list or the write lock list.

Thanks again.

Omon

|||

I don't like repeating myself but it seems I sometimes have to.

Does it tell you which task is using the variable? The message above does not.

-Jamie

|||

It does not tell me which task is using the variable. The message is what I pasted below without any reference to the task. It has the message in about 5 lines repeatedly.

Error: The variable "System::LocaleID" is already on the read list. A variable may only be added once to either the read lock list or the write lock list.

Thanks

Omon

|||

Can you share your package. Paste the contents of the .dtsx file up here.

-Jamie

|||

:) I'm not the guy who made the post but I occasionally get that error thrown as well even though I don't use LocaleID explicitly in my scripts or package. However if you look in the dtsx file LocaleID is everywhere

Like this for connection managers

<DTS:ConnectionManager>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="FileUsageType">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="Format">Delimited</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">1033</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="Unicode">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve">_x000D__x000A_</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnNamesInFirstDataRow">-1</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="RowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve" />

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="TextQualifier"><none></DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="CodePage">1252</DTS:Property>

Or like this for a row count

- <component id="633" name="Count of Files already imported (informational only)" componentClassID="{DE50D3C7-41AF-4804-9247-CF1DEB147971}" description="Counts the rows in a dataset." localeId="-1" usesDispositions="false" validateExternalMetadata="True" version="0" pipelineVersion="0" contactInfo="Row Count;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved; http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support;0">

Basically it is sprinkled all throughout the dtsx file

Anyway... its a weird error I haven't figured out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment