Sunday, February 19, 2012

I need help in purchasing sql server 2005

Hi everyone, I have a web application (ASP.NET 2.0) where user will access database informations (read, write) from the application (So the SQL server is not directly exposed to the internet). These users will be authenticated from the applications itself (Not using NT/AD authentications). My question is should I get the SQL server 2005 with license(s) processor? Or should I buy the one with 5 cals ? Thanks ...

You cannot use a User CAL for a web server that access a SQL Server - you will need a device CAL instead. You therefore need to consider whether a processor license is cheaper than a license + device CAL. Your best bet is to ring up a couple of SQL Server resellers, describe your scenario and get them to quote you some prices. Then choose the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment