Friday, February 24, 2012

I need help with what appears to be a botched install.

Okay, i'm learning VB.NET (and having quite a bit of fun with it). Well, I had the old beta version. Anyway, went away for a week and found I could no longer use it. Why?

"Beta period is over.".

Yeah, it sucks.

Well, I uninstalled it via the uninstaller. I upgraded my .NET framework, etc, and redownloaded VB.NET. Everything installed okay, save for the SQL server. It repeatedly fails.

I have hunted down and shot each component quite ruthlessly, but I don't know what beta component remains. I can't get it to install because it says I have beta components left.

And VB.NET works. Barely. I had to disable the hosting process, otherwise it gives me a message about an invalid binding handle. Not often that a Beta product works better than the production one.

The uninstall tool won't work for some reason. I'm this close to just reformatting.

Please help, I'd like to code again.

Thanks.

bump|||Hi,

if you also had SQL Server beta installed you should also deinstall SQL Server as in the Beta period the SQL Server framework version and the version of the framework VS uses had to be in line.So installing VS / SQL Server / Framework version, reboot, installing SQL Server / VS (Framework is installed with one of the two) should make your system running :-)

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment